Friday, March 20, 2009

JURASSIC PARK

I was visiting Sarah a few weeks ago for her birthday. One evening, while she was busy with a project (she’s the editor for a WSU annual arts publication and the deadline was fast approaching), I decided to take a walk along an enticing trail just a block from her home. It was late afternoon, the air was crisp and wintery and snow blanketed the Ogden world with it’s stark, sparkling beauty. The trail wound through a park, then along the Ogden river right up to the mouth of Ogden canyon. The banks of the river were dotted with trees stretching their bare limbs towards the baby-blue sky. It was such a beautiful day for a stroll and I was soaking in the splendor of being healthy, happy, and loving the wonderful earth that Heavenly Father has created for us, when suddenly I saw TEETH coming at me from the side of the trail. AHHH! Dino-breath! And right in the neck of Ogden Canyon. Who would have expected that?! Thankfully, the predator didn’t appear to have seen me, so I quietly journeyed on. A few meters later, though, there was another dinosaur – and yet another one! Apparently I had stumbled upon some prehistoric stomping ground. And since I had reached the end of the path, and the sun was quickly setting, and I was now miles from Sarah’s home, I turned myself about and rushed hurriedly back the way that I had come. As I approached the turnoff to Sarah’s place, I saw that the trail stretched for potentially miles in the opposite direction that I had journeyed that day. Hmmm. I wonder what I might find in that direction? I shall simply have to pay my daughter another visit and find out. But next time – I’m NOT going alone!!!

No comments: