Here is the poem my Eddie wrote for me in the Spring of 1976:
If I had a wish, I'd wish for a friend
Someone on whom I could truly depend.
Someone to share all my grief and my sorrow,
Someone to laugh with, today and tomorrow.
Someone to show their love and affection
By singing a song of the sweetest perfection.
Someone who'd be there when I'm feeling low,
To lift up my spirits and fill up my soul.
Someone who'd see all the faults that I land,
And help me correct them by lending a hand.
Please, grant me this wish that I may know -
Who is my friend - with love that forever will grow?
Yes, Ed wrote this poem to me over 30 years ago, and I am so pleased that at last I can say – I am that friend he wanted me to be half a lifetime ago. He is the dearest person in the whole world to me, and our love will truly forever grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment